To participate in the Sponsor a Pet program, your animal shelter or rescue group must:
- Be a Petfinder member in good standing with adoptable pets posted on Petfinder.com. You may not post pets that are not available for adoption, per Petfinder.com Terms of Service.
- Agree to use donations for the care and feeding of the sponsored pet or, if funds are not needed for that pet, for other adoptable pets in your organization’s care.
- Provide an active and frequently checked email address to which the Petfinder Foundation can send notifications and printable checks.
- Send timely and courteous thank-you emails to donors.
- Claim your donations within 90 days. If you do not do so, the funds will be reallocated by the Petfinder Foundation and will no longer be available to you.
Participation in Sponsor a Pet is voluntary. The Petfinder Foundation reserves the right to deactivate any member’s enrollment in Sponsor a Pet for any reason and without notice. Members who wish to unenroll from Sponsor a Pet must email [email protected].