Our friends at True-Dose are giving $100,000 worth of their True-Dose Calming, Joint and other supplements to shelters and rescue groups! (Are you with an adoption group? Apply for a True-Dose product grant here.).
What’s more, for every bottle you purchase, True-Dose will donate $5 to the Petfinder Foundation — and give you free shipping. Just enter the coupon code PETFINDER at checkout.
True-Dose Calming can help dogs and cats deal with stress caused by separation, thunderstorms, new situations and general anxiety — and it’s easy to administer: just a few drops in your pet’s food. One pet who benefited from True-Dose Calming was Chipper. Duane Jackson, president of NE Ohio Greyhound Rescue, Inc. in Perry, OH, told us Chipper’s story:
“Chipper was a newly retired greyhound. When he came into our program, he was scared to be in a new environment and cried. We gave him True-Dose Calming and he settled down and went to sleep. He often became scared whenever we took him to new places, so the True-Dose Calming helped him. He was recently adopted and his new owners used True-Dose Calming samples to help him settle in.”
Thank you, True-Dose!
Purchase True-Dose products; enter PETFINDER at check-out to earn $5 for homeless pets and get free shipping!
Adoption groups: Apply for a True-Dose product grant.
Hurricane Sandy has devastated animal shelters in the northeast — but the Petfinder Foundation is getting cash and goods worth more than $1 million to Petfinder shelters and rescues in need. Here are just a few ways we’re helping:
Humane Society of Atlantic County dogs were crammed into tiny cat cages to escape floodwater.
- We’ve given $18,500 and counting in cash grants to affected shelters, including the Humane Society of Atlantic County in Atlantic City, NJ. The shelter was flooded with seawater a foot deep; large dogs had to be moved into tiny cat cages to escape the rising water; and the organization lost thousands in damaged supplies and equipment. Our grant will help staffers repair the facility and care for local residents’ pets in need of medical aid, food and shelter.
- Thanks to pharmaceutical giant Boehringer Ingelheim (BI), we’re donating vaccines to shelters and rescue groups that lost medications during the storm (many vaccines need to be refrigerated, so shelters that lost power had to discard theirs). BI will work with the Petfinder Foundation to figure out what vaccines each shelter needs most.
- DelMonte is donating 1,200 lbs of Nature’s Recipe premium dry cat food to be distributed to organizations in need via a Petfinder Foundation grant.
- With help from our partners at Wahl, we’re donating grooming supplies and shampoo to shelters that lost theirs due to Hurricane Sandy.
- True-Dose is donating its Calming supplement to shelters to help relieve anxiety in pets going through the stress of being displaced from their homes, living in an unfamiliar environment and being separated from their families.
- We’re giving KONGs to shelters that need to replace toys damaged by the hurricane thanks to a donation from our partners at that company.
Still, we need your help. Even the smallest donation makes a difference. Please give today.