Could your dog be a super model? Enter him or her into the 2012 Fuzzy Nation Super Model photo contest by Friday, Sept. 14, and you could win up to $15,000 for the shelter you adopted from — and have your pooch recreated in plush!
Submit your pet’s photo and story via Fuzzy Nation’s Facebook page. Our panel of celebrity judges (including Katherine Heigl!) will choose the top 100 entries; then the public will vote to determine the top three. Those winners will win these prizes:
- 1st place: The Petfinder Foundation will give $15,000 to the shelter or rescue group from which the dog was adopted. Fuzzy Nation will create the pup’s plush likeness and use him or her in promotional materials in Macy’s stores. The dog will be featured in a “flip book” on Fuzzy Nation’s website. The winner will also receive one custom Fuzzy Nation item worth up to $120, plus a $300 gift certificate to FuzzyNation.com.
- 2nd place: The Petfinder Foundation will give $3,000 to the shelter or rescue group from which the dog was adopted. The winner will also receive a $200 gift certificate to FuzzyNation.com.
- 3rd place: The Petfinder Foundation will give $2,000 to the shelter or rescue group from which the dog was adopted. The winner will also receive a $100 gift certificate to FuzzyNation.com.
- A custom Fuzzy Nation product, such as a throw pillow or tote bag, featuring a print of your dog
- A gift certificate to TheAnimalRescueSite.com store, which offers apparel, jewelry and other items, all benefiting pet-adoption groups
- Products such as dog shampoo or ear, nose and eye wipes from John Paul Pet, a pet-grooming company from the makers of Paul Mitchell salon products
- Two tickets to SURF the Musical in Las Vegas, a new show featuring the music of the Beach Boys
- A copy of the new book Little Boy Blue by journalist Kim Kavin, about her investigation into the history of her rescued dog, Blue
Our panel of celebrity judges includes:
- Katherine Heigl – The Emmy-winning actress founded the animal-welfare organization The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation in 2008 with her mother, Nancy.
- Kristin Hanggi – The director of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical Rock of Ages (now a movie starring Tom Cruise), Hanggi is now directing the new Las Vegas show SURF the Musical, featuring the songs of the Beach Boys.
- John Paul DeJoria – In 1980, DeJoria co-founded Paul Mitchell Systems, the first hair-care company to publicly oppose animal testing. In 2005 he launched John Paul Pet, a line of pet grooming and hygiene products. He supports numerous animal-welfare organizations.
- Kim Kavin – A journalist specializing in yacht and travel writing, Kavin is a longtime dog foster mom. Her book Little Boy Blue: A Puppy’s Rescue from Death Row and His Owner’s Journey for Truth will be published in August.
- Betsy Saul – The co-founder of Petfinder.com and chairman of the board of the Petfinder Foundation, Saul is also on the board of directors of the Alliance for Contraception in Cats and Dogs and the board of overseers for Tufts University’s Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine.
This is an amazing opportunity to gain some fame for your pet and help the shelter or rescue group that saved him or her in the process. Enter here today!
(Read about last year’s contest.)