Oregon Humane Society: Sponsor a Pet Grant Report
How did this grant help your organization and the pets in your care?
• OHS found homes for 11,110 pets. We celebrated an overall 98% save rate for all animals, finding forever homes for 99% of dogs, 97% of cats, and 96% of small animals.
• The Animal Medical Center once again received top marks and re-accreditation by the prestigious American Animal Hospital Association, performing 12,585 surgeries, 7,426 medical exams, and providing two- and three-week clinical rotations for 88 senior veterinary students.
• OHS Humane Educators reached 14,704 individuals and visited 52 different schools.
• Our Behavior Outreach Program—a free helpline—responded to 1,769 calls from pet owners to help resolve the common behavior problems that lead to pets being relinquished to shelters.
• OHS’s Investigations Team opened 1,212 new cases, rescued 583 neglected and abused animals, and responded to 3,539 calls to our complaint line. In all, 3,383 animals were directly assisted by the Investigations Department.
The Petfinder Foundation's gift provides homes, healing and hope to thousands of pets! Whether these animals were surrendered by owners who could no longer keep them, rescued from abuse and neglect by our Humane Investigators, or brought to us from overcrowded shelters throughout the region, we work tirelessly to offer them a second chance at the loving, forever home they deserve.
Because the Oregon Humane Society receives no tax dollars or government money, it’s the generosity and compassion of people like you that allows us to continue our lifesaving work. With your continued support, we'll be here making a difference, one animal at a time, for many more years to come.
How many pets did this grant help?
11,110 pets. We celebrated an overall 98% save rate for all animals, finding forever homes for 99% of dogs, 97% of cats, and 96% of small animals.
Please provide a story of one or more specific pets this grant helped.
Cricket, a 3-year-old corgi/terrier mix, came to the Oregon Humane Society from another shelter. Unfortunately, the other shelter cannot keep pets for very long if they are not adopted. Thanks to generous donors like you, we are able to bring pets like Cricket to our shelter, where hundreds of people visit each day looking for their furry new family member. Once Cricket got here, it didn’t take long for this cute, active dog to find her forever home!