Animal Village NM: Emergency Medical Grant Report
How did this grant help your organization and the pets in your care?
The grant money was used to supplement medical costs for the emergency surgery for our dog, Reed. It was discovered by the vet that Reed had ingested pieces of his blanket. To make matters worse, the small pieces remained attached in his stomach and colon by long pieces of string that could cause severe complications. We had no time to organize fundraisers. Instead, we appealed to our social-media friends and our adoption partners at Petfinder.
The grant money assisted Animal Village in funding the life-saving surgery for our beautiful dog, Reed.
How many pets did this grant help?
One very lucky dog's life was saved thanks to the support given by the Petfinder Foundation.
Please provide a story of one or more specific pets this grant helped.
Reed was rescued as a starving, feral, sick puppy and had to be trapped on the Mescalero reservation. He was brought to vibrant health, socialized, and trained — then he ate a blanket! Thanks to the quick action of staff, Ruidoso Animal Clinic, and monetary assistance from the Petfinder Foundation, he is back to his former self and can be adopted to a responsible, loving guardian.